Sunday, July 5, 2009

Greetings Guys!

I wanted to let you see what is new at the cottage - we have redone the kid's room. It is lavender and lime green. We are having about 4 teen or adult parties to every one little child's so we decided to make the 600 sq ft of kid's space be workable for all groups. The colors were inspired by a buffet and mirror that is on it's way. There won't be alot of furnishings in this room - it will be ready for the dance and cheer classes on Tuesdays as well as DJ parties, ample room for meeting (or eating) tables and chairs as well as old fashioned kid's bday parties. So... it can be all things to all people! If anyone knows a chruch or daycare in need of those round kid's tables and dozens of little tiny chairs have them contact me -

Now, to get to the wonderful surprise left in the cottage for me! A friend from my "dental years" had a family reunion last weekend at the cottage. She ended up getting shingles!!! and having to be admitted to Baptist after a long night in the ER over the weekend prior to her party. They gave her the bad news that she would have to stay hospitalizied and told her that she would not be able to be around anyone who was not fully garbed in hospital gowns and masks! So much for her party BUT then came Kelly, her sister. Kelly called me all out of breath and said that she needed to be briefed on the workings of the cottage because she was taking over for Holly. She was not only worried too death about her sister but she now had this reunion to deal with. Larry went over to the cottage at 6:30 am on Saturday to make sure our Friday night guests had left everything perfect (which they had :) and Kelly was already there. She was able to pull everything off just perfectly and keep Holly involved from the hospital! Good job Kell!!! After her party was over she called me to say all went well and she told me that she and Holly had left me a surprise and I would have to find it in the cottage. Melissa and I went over to get things ready for my Sundae party and we found this unbelievable hand sewn Christening gown and cap in the "dress-up room." OMgoodness! We were speechless. Kelly had sewn Christening gown's for her friend's new babies "in her younger years" (her quote not mine!) and she has had this one all of these years. She thought it would go nicely in the cottage and IT SO DOES! I was so moved and thrilled that now people will get to see this gown and enjoy it! Thank you Kelly and Holly! I love my prize and I loved having your family as guests in the cottage!

I will post pics of a very special little guest that came all of the way from Dothan to play at my cottage next time -til then**

No comments:

Post a Comment