Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I had my very first party at the cottage! I always have a mother/daughter icecream sundae party the Saturday before Mother's Day at my home but this year I wanted, of course, to have it at the cottage. Well, the cottage has not had a weekend opening until now so... it was a little late this year. We had so much fun! We had about 60 guests who toured the cottage, visited with friends, ate and ate and ate and as a bonus...my friend Rita brought her handmade jewelry and so we shopped. (You may see her jewelry at www.myhandmadejewerly4u.blogspot.com )

Did everyone check out the article about the cottage in the Montgomery Advertiser? Paul wrote a really nice article about my place and I think he captured the things that I consider special. He did rename my child though! She is Caroline Lacey and the Caroline was not mentioned so everyone has started calling her Lacey now!:) (I think she prefers that, actually) But, that aside, I did appreciate his kindness towards our efforts.

Here are a few pics - my disc space is low so I can't add them all this time. One of my special families left me an unbelievable surprise in the cottage after a family reunion they had - I'll tell you about it in the next blog -til then-

1 comment:

  1. The ice/cream sundae party was so much fun and I really loved seeing "the cottage" in person. It is wonderful!!! You have done a fabulous job.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete