Wednesday, June 17, 2009


Well, here are some of my favorite things around Lacey Cottage. The Lazy Susan was in a booth at Eastbrook flea market - just sitting there, all beautiful and perfect. Have you ever just been rendered unable to move or speak when you saw something beautiful? I literally floated over to it, the whole time afraid that someone would knock me down to get to it first. I had never seen one like it and the color was unbelievable. The color palate for the cottage had not included turquoise but that changed the minute I saw Miss Susan! It became the little pop of color that you see throughout the cottage. The beautiful Susan was placed on the center of the dining room table UNTIL I realized that everyone would be moving her to make room for things much less important (like food!) Now she rests on a shelf that keeps her safe but very much in sight. Because after all, everything at the cottage is there to be enjoyed!

How about the piano? One of my best friends in the world lives in TN and she gave me that gorgeous thing! She was the one and only person who from the beginning saw my vision and she saw the cottage when it was very much still a daycare. She thought of "Lacey" as well. Well, I mean I thought of it 14 years ago when I named my child "Caroline Lacey" but she actually thought it would be a great name for the cottage. Thank you Melissa, for all of the hours of shopping for the cottage and for having "your people" meet "my people" in Bham to get that beautiful piano here!

My other best friend (dating all of the way back to 11th grade at Jeff Davis High School) had her whole family in on the making of the cottage. Her wonderful mom did all of my sewing and managed to turn everything from generic to one of a kind. Ms Bernadine will NEVER know in 1000 years how much I appreciated her. Mr. Charles (Lorri's dad) made this wonderful table behind the couch. He used driftwood that is twice as old as I am to make it and it is encouraging to see how beautiful it still is after all of those years. ;) (He and his son make a lot of different pieces, all handmade, check them out at melonwood@cox.net ) Lorri helped me shop for treasures all across the state and one of her older brothers came down and did the weathering on the fireplace fence and lots of other "artsy" things. What would I have done without the Culbreths??? Love ya'll all so much!

I also remembered to put a picture of the kitchen and a little snippit of the children's room. I will get a better shot of the kid's room because it is really a big fun room and I will also take a pic of the fab playground. I have one child and one "almost teen" party this weekend so the jumpy castle will be up and running. I can add pics all by myself now so .... I can add them when I want to not when "I am worked into a schl!!:)"

The next post will be about the art lessons that will be available, as well as the dancing and cheer classes starting in September and also about the article that The Montgomery Advertiser is running on the cottage. til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment